You cannot find a place better suited for aquatic activities and a wide range of affordable accommodation and dining choices than in Nelson Bay. As the main town for Port Stephens, Nelson Bay is famous as a blue water paradise, thanks to its sparkling white beaches. It is also a famous holiday destination ideal for adventurous groups or families who want to enjoy carefree activities along the beach. You can easily find affordable Nelson Bay accommodation for you and your family when you plan to stay for the holiday.
Other than lounging on its pearly white sands and swimming in its sparkling waters, you can also enjoy other water activities to suit your preferences. You can choose between Dutchmans Beach and Little Beach for your aquatic pursuits. You can try diving off the coast at Broughton Island where you can enjoy what divers termed as the “Looking Glass”. It is actually just a split that goes through the centre of the island, swarmed with marine life.
Why You Should Visit Nelson Bay
Nelson Bay is ideal for those who want to explore natural wonders and tourist attractions found in Port Stephens, Hawkes Nest and Raymond Terrace located nearby. There are a lot of Nelson Bay accommodation packages on offer when depending on your preference and budget. When you plan to visit Nelson Bay this holiday season, be sure to try out these activities so you can make the most of your holiday.
- Stockton Beach Sand Dunes. This 30km stretch of sandhills has been the location for film groups whenever the script calls for a ‘desert shoot’. A portion of the dunes, which are continually changing, can be up to 30 meters high. You can find ‘Tin City’ an improvised accumulation of squatter fishermen’s tin homes, and the disaster area of the Sygna. If you want to use your $WD to explore the area, you need to buy a permit or take a guided tour with an experienced safari tour administrator.
- Cycling around Port Stephens and Nelson Bay. You can take advantage of bikes for rent in the area so you can appreciate the broad network of cycle tracks all around Port Stephens. Some of these tracks are through nature reserves and close to shorelines. Tea Gardens is additionally perfect for cycling since it is flat and you can even take your bicycle across on a ferry. Check out Holidays Port Stephens for more details.
- Dolphin Watching. Never miss the sight of dolphins in the wild when you visit Nelson Bay. You can have the chance to see them in their natural habitat. Dolphins love to show off their skills and as most boat tours last for at least an hour or two, you can definitely have your fill of watching these creatures play in the water. To make the most of your getaway, be sure to book affordable accommodation Nelson Bay has to offer so you can enjoy the dolphins anytime.
- Gan Gan Lookout. You don’t have to be in the hiking mood to enjoy climbing up the Gan Gan Lookout. If you are fond of taking Instagram worthy shots to show off to your friends and family back home, then you should not miss the Gan Gan Lookout. Since it’s at the highest point in Nelson Bay, you can definitely have a great view of the seaside, all the way to Newcastle.
- Nelson Head Inner Lighthouse. Your best Nelson Bay accommodation and tours will not be complete if you will not reach the Nelson Head Inner Lighthouse. This beacon was raised on Nelson Head in 1872. It was initially controlled by four lamp kerosene lights. The lamp kerosene lamps were updated to an electric light in 1946 and electronic control in 1984. A trust was built up in 1986 to reestablish the Inner Lighthouse and cottage, and it has become a major tourist attraction since then. You can enjoy a panoramic view from the lighthouse so make sure to have your cameras ready.
The above are just a few things you can do when you want to try Nelson Bay accommodation and tour packages. If you want to have the best deals, make sure to book in advance and plan your itinerary so you will have a stress-free holiday. You can find affordable accommodation in Nelson bay online or visit http://www.holidaysportstephens.com.au/holiday/Nelson-Bay for more details.